Friday, October 2, 2026

The scenic Blue Ridge Parkway

 Tis morning my friend Martha picked me up at the hotel and we headed to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our first stop was at the Pisgah Inn for lunch. We were seated at table by the window that had a wonderful view. 

The fall leaves are just beginning to turn. 


Next stop was a hike to Devil's Courthouse. the hike is described as a short but strenuous trail climbing a half-mile to its peak with wonderful panoramic mountain views. Unfortunately, I left my hike poles in the car. 


 
After enjoying beautiful views Martha and I arrived at their mountain cabin. The cabin had been owned by Roger's father. It has a beautiful location. 

The rocking chairs invite you to sit and enjoy the view. We ate dinner on the deck.


 

Roger and Martha's daughter, son-in-law and their 2 children are coming this weekend so I am staying in a neighbor's cabin. It is so beautiful and peaceful.
The private cabin where I am staying.
The living room. 
My bedroom. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You get your own cabin! That's soooo beautiful.... you are BLESSED!