Monday, August 10, 2009

Uninvited Visitor

On August 6 I returned from work to discover that our condo had been broken into while I was at work. All jewelry that I had that was of any value was taken. Whoever came into the condo first tried to break the front door locks and then succeeded in breaking the locks on the door by our kitchen by banging them in. So I got to experience filling out a police report, etc. Neighbors who are in our Wednesday Bible Study came over and were very supportive and also the head of security at ISKL came to my condo and he was a huge help in dealing with the police.

I think what bothers me most is that whoever was in our place opened every drawer and snooped around. They only took what could be put into a pocket as they had the opportunity to take my digital camera, VCR, CD player, etc. but didn't take those items.

I'm thankful that no one was home when it happened as last May another teacher was home when her condo was broken into and she was badly injured. - Nancy

Front door attempt:


Kitchen Door Success:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Disturbing stuff, hope you feel ok.

Marta