Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall in Indiana ...


On my last full day in Indiana, with unseasonably warm temperatures in the high 70's, low 80's, Riley Case and I drove two cars up to Bunker Hill, IN so we could leave one vehicle there before driving south to the town of Cassville so we could begin a six mile hike along the old Nickel Plate RR bed that is now a lovely asphalt-paved walk -- especially with the fall colors just beginning to show their brilliance.

The entire Nickel Plate trail between Cassville and Peru is 12.7 miles; however, I decided that was a bit more than I wanted to tackle on one day. My only disappointment was that I never found a Starbucks Coffee house -- or any coffee shop at all -- at the halfway point!

Back in Oregon on the 13th, I will have exactly one week to get organized and packed before flying out of PDX to join Nancy in Kuala Lumpur. - rw

No comments: