Monday, July 1, 2013

BACK HOME IN GOOD 'OLE OREGON!


Since Western Oregon is in the middle of a heat wave (temperatures in the 90's), I decided to leave the house on Monday morning shortly after 7:00 a.m. so that I could hike the 7-mile rim trail at Silver Falls State Park. (Pictured is the famous South Falls). I hit the trail at 8:05, parking the car at the small parking area at Winter Falls. From there I walked along the rim to North Falls, and then down the canyon to "Double Falls" (pictured below),
and from Double Falls, crossing the creek to make the climb up to "Lower South Falls," and then the further climb up to the top of the falls. It was cool in the canyon in the early morning hours which was very nice. By the time I got to South Falls and the Lodge there, I was definitely ready for a break! There at the lodge I rested for about 15 minutes before hiking the rest of the way back to the car. McDonalds in Silverton was definitely the place for lunch! (Lower South Falls pictured below) - rw

No comments: