Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fiji - and a week without swimming

I might be the only person to spend a week in Fiji and never wear a swimsuit. I was in Suva for a week working as a library consultant at the International School Suva. It was a working trip. My hostess did take me to the closest beach which was an hour from Suva the Sunday I was there.

It was overcast and chilly so I didn't go swimming.























I worked with the librarian of the school and enjoyed several special events at the school. One was the elementary literature parade where the students dressed up as their favorite character in a book.

I thought the Cat in the Hat was so cute. I was at the school for the Dewali, The Hindu Festival of Lights, assembly. The students did wonderful dances.










I enjoyed my time at the school and was kept busy. If I ever make it back to Fiji I hope to have time to be a tourist and enjoy some of the beaches and snorkeling. - Nancy

No comments: