Monday, April 23, 2012

No, it doesn't rain at the Oregon Coast!

At the beginning of last week, Tasha said that she planned to be in Manzanita on Friday night, April 20th for a birthday party for a friend ... and was wondering if the Manzanita beach place might be available. I figured, "probably not" but I'd try. Amazing! It wasn't booked, so I drove down on Friday afternoon ate supper, settled-in and went to bed at a fairly decent hour. Unbeknownst to me, Tasha slipped-in at about 1:00 a.m. and spent two nights prior to driving back to Portland late on Sunday afternoon.
As had been forecast, the weather was absolutely gorgeous both Saturday and Sunday -- with clear skies, no clouds at all, and lots of bright sun. Until later on Sunday afternoon there was no wind on the beach either! The two of us ate out at the Mexican restaurant on Laneda Avenue on Saturday night, and when near-by wi-fi signals were too weak for my computer, I drove down to the Manzanita Library for an internet connection (even after library hours).
When I packed-up, cleaned up and left on Monday morning the fog had rolled-in over Manzanita beach, but I'm guessing that it was probably short-lived since the forecast was good at least for one more day. But, with such great weather, we obviously had some nice sunsets! - rw
(And yes, we did visit Hug Point!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a weekend at the OR coast. Sorry I missed it. -NW

Ron and Nancy said...

We're sorry you did too!

N said...

nice pics... i like the one of the beach with the low fog... turned out really nice!

Doug said...

Quite the photographers. Jeans and bare feat in the Oregon sand. Sounds pretty idyllic.