Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Snow in Oregon!

When I flew from San Francisco to Portland the day before Easter, the weather was clear and I could see out the window snow on the hills of the Coast Range at pretty low elevations. So, when Tasha picked me up at the airport she said, "Maybe it's not too late for you to go x-country skiing!" Sure enough, it wasn't. So, she talked me into going up to a snow-park near Mt. Hood (pix below) just one week later -- Saturday, April 14th (normally too late for x-country skiing).Again, we had great weather -- bright sun, blue skies and good quality snow for skiing. At my advanced age I didn't last more than a couple hours, but it was great fun.When I downloaded pictures onto my computer, I discovered pictures from Easter (below) that I thought had somehow been deleted. Tasha and I attended the 10:45 worship service at Newberg Friends prior to sitting with Mother while she ate her Easter dinner in the Health Center. Afterwards, we took her outside for a brief walk since Easter was the second-day-in-a-row for sunny weather in the Portland-Salem area. Then, at about 1:30 p.m. we both responded to a generous invitation from Gary and Susan Fawver to join their family for Easter dinner! Pictured at the bottom is Susan's strawberry--laden sponge cake. - rw


2 comments:

Doug said...

Wow!

The beautiful snow and sun is a bit of a contrast to the heat and the humidity of the tropics. Dad, you do not seem to be struggling too much with the weather change!

Beautiful pics.

Ron and Nancy said...

Not too much struggle, Doug! It's great ... and a wk-end in Manzanita in the sun (!) coming up. - Dad