Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Rome Arrival

After a long day of travel I safely arrived in Rome. The school had someone waiting for me, all of my luggage arrived with no problems, and I got to my B&B that is close to the school. This is my temporary "home" until I find an apartment. It is comfortable and has air-conditioning for which I am thankful as it was about 95 when I arrived.

The view from the window of my B&B is of apartment buildings.
Soon after I arrived I walked to the American Overseas School of Rome and met several of the new teachers. I got a brief tour of part of the school including the library. Tomorrow we start orientation in the library. I went with another new teacher to get an Italian SIM card for my phone. I managed to stay awake until 6:30 pm. A good night's sleep has me ready for my first full day in Rome. -Nancy

No comments: