Monday, November 20, 2017

Ron arrives in Rome

Ron arrived in Rome at noon on Sat. Nov. 18 on a KLM flight from Amsterdam after a long Delta flight Portland to Amsterdam. He had barely gotten some sleep when we headed out Sunday morning to a colleagues' apartment in central Rome for a Thanksgiving meal. Ron had told me before he was coming to Rome that he felt sad because he could not cook a turkey this Thanksgiving. My friend graciously told me that she would be pleased if he cooked her turkey because she had little experience cooking a turkey. Ron arrived in Rome with a turkey cooking bag and dressing mix to use to stuff the turkey. We arrived at my friend's apartment in plenty of time to for Ron to stuff and fix the turkey. Luckily the oven was big enough for a 15 pound turkey. My contribution was mashed potatoes and gravy. Others furnished plenty of other food and we had a feast.



On Monday Ron walked to the school and ate
with me and other faculty members on the patio
next to the cafeteria. It was a sunny winter day and very pleasant to eat outside. Ron come to the library and checked out a book so he is set for reading. He even got a picture of me at work just to prove that I do normally work five days a week. But this week we celebrate American Thanksgiving so I only work 3 days. It is good to have Ron in Rome. - Nancy

2 comments:

Ron and Nancy said...

I am happy to be with Nancy in Rome, but am having a tough time with jet lag. Still have trouble going to sleep when night arrives! - rw

Ron and Nancy said...

I am happy to be with Nancy in Rome, but am having a tough time with jet lag. Still have trouble going to sleep when night arrives! - rw