Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday in Assisi



Sunday it was raining hard in Assisi when we decided to go the 10:30 am English mass. I called the taxi driver who had driven us around Assisi on Saturday. We managed a good way to communicate. He spoke Italian and Portuguese. His wife was from Brazil I spoke Spanish and English so we figured out that that he would understand me when I spoke Spanish and I could understand him if if spoke Portuguese. It all worked out and we got to where we wanted to go on time. The Mass in English had 12 in attendance and was held in a small chapel in an area not open to the public. After the service we entered a back way into the public area whee the tomb of St. Francis is located. I found Assisi to be a lovely place. We enjoyed walking in the town. It was a relaxing two days. Ron and took a train back to Rome on Sunday evening while Ray and Marianne stayed another night and then took a train to Naples to continue their travels in Italy. - Nancy

No comments: