Saturday, January 26, 2008

Making Cookies at Grandma's


With a typically generous spirit, when it was Gabi's turn for a sleepover on Saturday night at Grandma and Grandpa's place, she invited Reeve to accompany her (Reeve having been here alone the previous week-end). When it was discovered that bowling was not an option (all lanes busy due to a b-day party), Reeve came up with the bright idea that he and Gabi could help Grandma make chocolate chip cookies. So be it!
The project was conditional, however, upon Reeve and Gabi agreeing to help do dishes and put away toys prior to bedtime, a condition that both readily accepted. (Notice Gabi's eagerness at her task!) Following the consumption of the quota of cookies for each, we all viewed a very interesting DVD entitled, "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill (SF)." - rw

2 comments:

woodward said...

"I like baking cookies and drinking milk. I liked watching the parrot movie -- actually Telegraph Hill." -- Reeve

"I want to say, Dear Grandma and Grandpa, I loved to watch the parrot movie -- uh Telegraph Hill. I love helping you make cookies. I love drinking milk with cookies. I love that. That what I always going to do with you; going to have a sleepover with you and going to the library and pick out a movie. The en-- Done. -- Gabi"

N said...

how cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ! but really, what ever happened to child labour laws? and tell me more about these wild parrots....