Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Nancy Back to Work

When we were reading our blog entries I realized that I had no pictures of the ISKL library. Since my job at ISKL is the reason we are living in Kuala Lumpur I thought it might be time to post a few pictures of where I spend the majority of my time.
When I came back from our semester break on January 7th there were 30 boxes of new books! What fun to begin to unpack them and get them ready for checkout.

Two of the library assistants Bavani (left) and Zeti (right) seemed to be buried in the new books.

The other pictures are of students in the library, a class in the library computer lab and one of the six kites that I purchased to hang from the library ceiling. Our headmaster gave each teacher money to spend to "spruce up" the classroom, office or place where we work. Another reason I like my job - lots of great support for excellence. -Nancy

2 comments:

woodward said...

You failed to mention another big part of your job -- finding library books for Reeve as he arrives each morning before catching his bus to Melawati.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, and what about for Rania? do you ever find books for her? i love the pix... looks like fun, unpacking books and books... but where is your sari?