Thursday, September 15, 2011

At Friendsview in September


Mother seems to be doing amazingly well at age 105 3/4 in the Health Center at Friendsview Retirement Community. On Thursday, Sept. 15th I sat with her at lunch and occasionally helped her do quite well in polishing-off her noon meal. I got a phone call earlier in the day with a report that she had another skin tear on her elbow which had been quickly bandaged, with no harm done. (Her skin is a lot like thin paper that's both old and fragile.)

Today when I first arrived and announced with a loud voice that I was her "one-and-only-son," I asked her if she knew my name. She nodded "yes" and quickly said, "Ron." (She isn't always that perceptive when I visit.) Mother continues to amaze most of the staff in the Health Center ... and her longevity certainly amazes me! - rw

3 comments:

N said...

ah very nice. So glad she knew your name too. : )

Marta said...

Wow, that's amazing! How wonderful...

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the picture of Beryl. She was a dear, dear friend back in the day! She looks good! and still knows Ron, of course--how could she forget?!