Sunday, December 3, 2017

Spanish Steps with Ron

Of course everyone who visits Rome wants to see the Trevi Fountain and walk to the Spanish Steps. I think I should keep track of how many times I go there this year. It is a pleasant walk and in December it is not crowded. There are 135 steps that go between the Piassa de Spagna at the base and Piazza Trinità dei Monti, dominated by the Trninita dei Monti church at the top.

The 1953 film Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, made the Spanish Steps famous to an American audience.

We are going by public transportation this year so here is a picture of Ron waiting at the bus stop to get home. It takes about 40 min. to get from the center of town to my apartment. From the Spanish Steps you first take the Metro to get to the bus that goes to my stop.  - Nancy

No comments: