Friday, May 18, 2018

Trip to Bolanzo

View from my hotel
I took my second and final personal leave day on May 18 to take the train to Bolzano which is close to the Austrian border. The Dolomite mountains in the Alps are in this region. I stayed at a lovely hotel walking distance from the train station. My 3 adult children had given me a Mother's Day gift to be used on this trip. I purchased a 3 day museum and transportation pass which I used to explore the area. My first stop on Friday was to go the the tourist office and get local advise and maps. I took one of the 3 cable cars in Bolzano up to an area called Ritten Renon. There are lots of hiking trails there. I ended up walking over 8 miles on Friday and saw beautiful scenes.- Nancy

Garden of my hotel

View from cable car

View on my hike

Formations like in Bryce Canyon

View on my hike

Lunch break

View on my hike

Spring time flowers

Lots of flowers in yards

View from cable car on way down

No comments: