Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 6 Wed Aug. 21 Crockabeck Farm, Patterdale


Layover Day (Don & Lynn's Anniversary) - Happy Anniversary to them.
We had a wonderful layover day. It rained heavily in the morning. We were very glad we were not hiking today. It has showered off and on for the rest of the day.
I slept in, ate breakfast, took a morning nap, ate half our sack lunch,
read, saw the yarn shop next door where Kathy bought beautiful yarn. It has been a very restful stop. The stone house which is the B&B was built in the 1700s. Thanks to the owner of the B&B I even have clean clothes. I think I will be ready for the hike out of the Lake District in the morning. It is one more hike up to a pass and then down. - Nancy

1 comment:

Doug said...

Sounds like a layover day was a golden idea after such a tough day.

I'll take my weekend as a layover day and get ready for the upcoming week!