Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Monday Feb. 9 - Day of Frustration


Today was the reality of being an a 3rd world country. The purpose of this trip is to setup the library at Rwanda Friends Theological College. We have the books,
the software the computers and need power and Internet access. Today the power was out for 3 times and we had no Internet access all day. We should have been able to enter at least 300 books today and only have 81 entered.
The guest house in Kigali never had water except from about 1 to 4 am. I finally figured out that my legs itched so much because there were bed bugs in a blanket that was at the end of my bed. I never needed it as a cover but my lower legs and feet touched it some and I was good food for bed bugs. Here in Musanze we have hot water, and so far no bed bugs. The issue here is food. The meals are very delayed and we finish after dark and the path from the school where we eat to the guest house is very uneven and dark. Even with a flashlight it is difficult to see the large rocks. Two in our group are over 80 and I am so concerned that one of them will fall. Tonight after the meal and arriving at the guest house we decided that if the meal at the school was not ready by the time to eat and leave before dark, we will return to the guesthouse and eat there. Entrees for each meal at the school are rice, beans, potatoes (very tough beef). I am hoping we have Internet tomorrow but it is very unstable in this region. We are here for another week. I can only hope that things get better. - Nancy

No comments: