Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Off to Sicily

I moved out of my apartment on June 17. I rolled two large suitcases up Via Cassia a few blocks to a guesthouse where is stayed for 2 nights. The two large suitcases will be in storage at the guesthouse while I travel in Europe for a month. with my carry-on and day pack.  On June 19 I flew to Palermo, Sicily to meet up with a 10 day Rick Steve's tour of Sicily. Palermo is a port town. Large cruise ships on Mediterranean tours come into port in Palermo. I arrived at the hotel and met the other travelers in the group at our orientation meeting. Then we walked to an old palace that is a family home. The owners give private torus tours of the palace in order to help fund the upkeep of it. The palace is built on the old city wall. The evening finished with a four course dinner in a piazza.  -Nancy

Courtyard of the palace.

Ornate Rooms in the Palace.


1 comment:

Ron and Nancy said...

Thanks, Nance, for the updates. - Ron